Saturday 19 November 2011

Food Bloggers Unplugged



I have been tagged by Linzi @LancashireFood to take part in the fun of #foodbloggersunplugged , the idea being to tag another 5 foodie bloggers to keep the initative on a roll. Sounds like great fun to me and enables us all to understand more about our fellow foodies, so I am happy to take part.
The questions we have to answer are as follows

1. What, or who inspired you to start a blog?
2. Who is your foodie inspiration?
3. Your greasiest, batter - splattered food/drink book is?
4. Tell us all about the best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it, what was it?
5. Another food bloggers table you'd like to eat at is?
6. What is the one kitchen gadget you would ask Santa for this year (money no object of course)?
7. Who taught you how to cook?
8. I'm coming to you for dinner what's your signature dish?
9. What is your guilty food pleasure? 
10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?

Finally...tag 5 other food bloggers with these questions...like a hot baked potato...pass it on!
 
Use this home made expensive Food Bloggers Unplugged  logo (below) on your blog and link up with the hashtag #foodbloggersunplugged on Twitter.

So here goes 
1.What, or who inspired you to start a blog ?
My yoga friend Lindsey. I'd been following her blog for a while when we found out that we attend the same yoga class. She told me how the blogging worked and gave me real inspiration to try to write my own.
2.Who is your foodie inspiration ?
James Martin. I have followed his career right from the beginning. He has always put the emphasis on local & British produce, long before this became fashionable. I like his straightforward approach to food & easy to follow recipes.
3.Your greasiest, batter-splattered food /drink book is ?
James Martin - Collection. As a non-native to this country I viewed British food like it is perceived in many places in the world: have breakfast & afternoon tea, the rest is not worth talking about. This book has many great British classics in it and it has made me appreciate all the wonderful dishes Britain has.
4. Tell us about the best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it, what was it ?
So many food memories spring to mind. I had some fantastic food in France & Canada, but I think I will have to go with 't Veerhuis on the shores of the Oosterschelde in my home country Holland. Being as close to the water as you can get without actually being in it, the sea food at this restaurant is out of this world. I had the freshest oysters you can ever imagine, cooked kirkpatrick....my mouth is watering just thinking back at it.
5. Another food bloggers table you'd like to eat at is ?
@Janemorecakepls....her cakes look a picture. I wish I could bake like that
6. What would be the one kitchen gadget you would ask santa for this year ?
Woodburning pizza oven
7. Who taught you have to cook ?
I am mainly self taught, with my mum covering the basics.
8. I'm coming to you for dinner whats your signature dish ?
I don't really have one. I like to try new things, but it would be made with seasonal & local ingredients
9. What is your guilty food pleasure ?
Not sure what to put here! I don't think I have one. Food is always a pleasure to me and I never feel guilty about having a bit of what I fancy.
10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn ?
My food hell is carrots.

 
My bloggers I am tagging are (you must say this in a tension building manner)
  1. Elizabeth Auerbach - http://www.elizabethonfood.com/
  2. Jules - thebutcherthebaker.wordpress.com
  3. Rupert Parsons - http://www.womersleyfoods.co.uk/
  4. Judith Byrne - musingsofjude.blogspot.com
  5. Jane Huntley - http://www.morecakeplease.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in, I had a feeling James Martin was going to appear and he has! Result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, great fun, what idea from Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete